Last Updated on December 4, 2022 by Cynthia A. Rose
It is very important to know how to take the blade off your Makita angle grinder. This is because if the blade becomes damaged, it can cause serious injury. There are three main parts to taking the blade off the spindle nut, the flange nut, and the blade itself.
The first step is to loosen the spindle nut by turning it counterclockwise with a wrench. Next, loosen the flange nut by turning it clockwise with a wrench. Finally, remove the blade by pulling it straight out of the housing.
- Unplug the angle grinder from its power source
- Remove the flange locknut with a wrench by turning it counterclockwise
- Take off the wheel cover by unscrewing it with a Phillips head screwdriver
- Use an adjustable wrench to loosen and remove the inner flange nut holding the blade in place
- Pull out the old blade, being careful not to touch the exposed metal of the arbor as it can be quite hot from use
- Inspect the arbor for damage and replace it if necessary before installing a new blade
- 7 Make sure that the new blade is compatible with your model of Makita angle grinder and is tightened properly before using
How to Take Blade off Makita Angle Grinder?
How Do You Remove the Blade from a Makita Angle Grinder?
Assuming you’re referring to a standard Makita 4-1/2″ Angle Grinder (model 9564CV), the process is as follows: First, make sure the grinder is unplugged. Next, locate the spindle lock (it’s the large knob on top of the grinder).
Loosen the spindle lock by turning it counterclockwise. Once it’s loose, continue holding onto the spindle lock and rotate the wheel cover counterclockwise until it comes off. With the wheel cover removed, you should now be able to see the inner flange nut.
Use an appropriate-size wrench to loosen and remove the flange nut. With the flange nut off, you can now pull out the blade/wheel assembly.
How Do You Release the Blade on an Angle Grinder?
If you’re new to angle grinders, the process of releasing the blade may seem a bit daunting. However, it’s quite simple once you know how. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to release the blade on an angle grinder:
1. Start by unplugging the angle grinder from its power source. You don’t want to accidentally start it up while you’re working on it.
2. Next, locate the spindle lock button or lever. This is usually located near the base of the grinder (where the blade is attached).
3. Once you’ve found the spindle lock button/lever, press or flip it so that the blade is locked in place and can’t move.
4. With the blade now locked, use an Allen key or wrench to loosen and remove the bolts that hold the blade in place. Depending on your model of angle grinder, there may be 1-4 bolts holding the blade in place.
5. Once all of the bolts have been removed, carefully remove the old blade from the angle grinder. Be careful not to touch any of the exposed metal parts on the underside of the blade, as these can be quite sharp.
Also, take care not to drop the old blade as this could damage it. If you’re disposing of it, make sure to do so safely.
6. Now it’s time to mount the new blade onto your angle grinder. Start by lining up the bolt holes on thenewbladewith thoseonyouranglegrinder. When doing this, make surethattheright sideofthenewbladeis facing outwards– thisisthesideofthebladethatwill do mostofthecutting work( i fyournewbladehas narrower side and a wider side)
7. Once you havethelocationof thenewboltslinedup, usetheAllenkeyorwrenchto hand -tightenthemintoplace –donottightenthemtoo much atthisstageastheymay needtobeadjusted later
8. Checkthatthenewbladeis securely givingitthetestrun:pluginyouranglegrinderto itspowersourceandtestthatitworksproperlybefore continuing
How Do You Take the Grinding Wheel off a Makita Grinder?
Assuming you need to replace the grinding wheel on your Makita grinder:
1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
2. Remove the lock nut by unscrewing it with the wrench that came with the grinder (left-handed thread).
3. Use the wrench to loosen, but not remove, the spindle nut.
4. Pull off the old wheel and washer, then clean any adhesive residue off of the shaft with a rag soaked in mineral spirits.
5. Put on the new wheel and hand-tighten the spindle nut until it’s snug against the wheel (righty tight).
6. Finish tightening/securing everything by screwing on the locknut (again, lefty loosey). Make sure both nuts are tight against each other so there’s no wiggle room for the grinding wheel.
7. Plug in your grinder and test it out!
How Do You Put the Diamond Blade on a Makita Grinder?
Assuming you are referring to a diamond blade for cutting tile or stone:
To install a diamond blade onto your Makita grinder, first make sure that the grinder is unplugged and the power switch is in the off position. Then, remove the wheel guard by loosening the two screws that secure it in place.
Next, use an Allen wrench to loosen the flange locknut on the spindle. Once this is done, you can remove the old blade by unscrewing it from the flange. Now it’s time to install the new blade.
Start by screwing it onto the flange, making sure that it is tight. Then, use the Allen wrench to tighten down the flange locknut. Finally, replace the wheel guard and secure it with screws.
That’s all there is to it!
How to Remove Makita Grinder Blade Without Tool
Makita grinders are some of the most popular tools on the market, and for good reason. They’re powerful, durable, and easy to use. But one thing that can be a bit tricky is removing the blade.
There are a few different ways to do it, but the easiest is to use a tool. There are several different types of tools you can use, but we recommend using a Makita grinder blade removal tool. These tools are specifically designed to remove Makita grinder blades quickly and easily.
They have a variety of different size jaws that fit snugly around the blade, making it easy to loosen and remove. Once you have your removal tool, simply follow these steps:
1. Unplug your grinder from any power source.
Always take safety precautions when working with power tools!
2. Locate the grinder blade you need to remove. If it’s in a tight space, you may need to use a flashlight to see it.
3. Place the removal tool over the center of the grinder blade so that the jaws are evenly spaced around it. You may need to wiggle it a bit to get it into place.
4. Squeeze the handles of the removal tool together until they click into place locking onto the blade securely.
You should now be able to lift straight up on the handles and remove the blade from your grinder!
How to Get Angle Grinder Blade off Without Tool
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t have a lot of experience with angle grinders. And if you’ve never had to change the blade on one before, it can be a bit daunting. But don’t worry – we’re here to help!
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process of changing an angle grinder blade, step by step. First things first: make sure that your angle grinder is unplugged and completely power off before beginning any work. Once it’s safe to proceed, take a look at the locking mechanism on your grinder.
There are typically two types of locks – a pin lock and a lever lock. If your grinder has a pin lock, simply insert a small Allen key or drill bit into the hole in the center of the locking mechanism and turn clockwise until the pin pops out. If your grinder has a lever lock, simply push down on the lever until it releases from the locking position.
With the locking mechanism released, you should now be able to remove the old blade from your grinder. Simply unscrew it counterclockwise and set it aside (be careful – it may still be hot from use). Now it’s time to install the new blade.
Again, start by screwing it in place counterclockwise until tight – but not too tight! You should be able to tighten or loosen the blade by hand; if you need a wrench or other tool to do so, that means you’ve gone too far. Once the new blade is installed and tightened properly, re-engage the locking mechanism (pin or lever) to secure it in place.
And that’s all there is to it!
Makita Angle Grinder Blade Removal Tool
If you’re a handyman or contractor, then you know that Makita makes some of the best power tools on the market. Their angle grinders are no exception, and if you need a blade removal tool, they have just what you need. The Makita Angle Grinder Blade Removal Tool is simple to use and will make quick work of removing any type of blade from your grinder.
To use the tool, simply insert the shaft into the center of the blade and turn. The teeth on the tool will grip the blade and release it from the spindle. It’s that easy!
No more struggling with wrenches or other improvised tools. This purpose-built tool from Makita will make your life easier and help you get the job done right. So next time you need to change out a blade on your Makita angle grinder, reach for the Makita Angle Grinder Blade Removal Tool – it’s guaranteed to make your job easier!
Makita Grinder Blade Stuck
If your Makita grinder blade is stuck, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it. First, make sure that the power switch is in the off position. Next, remove the grinding wheel cover.
Once the cover is removed, take a look at the spindle nut to see if it is loose. If it is, tighten it with a wrench. If the spindle nut is tight, then you may need to replace the grinding wheel.
To do this, first, remove the inner flange locknut by unscrewing it counterclockwise. Next, remove the grinding wheel by pulling it straight off the spindle. To install a new grinding wheel, line up the holes on the new wheel with those on the spindle and push it onto to spindle until it is snug.
How to Install Diamond Blade on Angle Grinder
If you’ve never installed a diamond blade on an angle grinder, it may seem like a daunting task. But don’t worry – we’ll walk you through the entire process step-by-step so that you can get started cutting tile, stone, or concrete with ease. First, gather all of the tools and materials you’ll need:
– Angle grinder – Diamond blade – Safety glasses or goggles
– Ear protection – Dust mask – Tile saw (optional)
Next, follow these steps to install your diamond blade:
1. Unplug your angle grinder and make sure that it’s turned off. If you’re using a corded model, also unplug it from the power outlet.
2. Use the wrench that came with your grinder to remove the old blade. Be careful not to touch the exposed motor shaft – it can be very sharp.
3. Inspect the flange (the part of the grinder where the blade mounts) for damage.
If there are any cracks or chips, replace the flange before continuing.
4. Line up the holes in the diamond blade with those in the flange, then insert and tighten bolts to secure them in place (be sure not to overtighten).
5. Reattach any safety guards or covers that were removed during installation.
How to Change Angle Grinder Blade Dewalt
Angle grinders are one of the most versatile tools in any DIYer or professional tradesman’s arsenal. They can be used for a variety of applications, from cutting through metal to grinding down concrete. However, one thing that all angle grinders have in common is that they will eventually need their blades changed.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to change the blade on a Dewalt angle grinder. Before you begin, make sure that your angle grinder is unplugged and that there is no power running to it. Next, use a wrench to loosen the flange nut that secures the blade in place.
Once the nut is loosened, you should be able to remove the old blade easily. If the old blade is stuck, you may need to use a hammer or other tool to gently tap it lose. Now it’s time to install the new blade.
Start by lining up the holes on the new blade with those on the angle grinder body. Once aligned, insert and tighten the flange nut until it is snug – but be careful not to over-tighten as this could damage the threads. Finally, plug in your angle grinder and test it out before continuing with your project!
If you need to take the blade off your Makita angle grinder, there are a few things you need to do. First, make sure that the power is turned off and the blade is not spinning. Next, use a wrench to loosen the flange nut that holds the blade in place.
Once the nut is loose, you can remove the blade by pulling it out of the housing. Finally, clean any debris from the housing and reinstall the blade before turning on the power again.
Hi, this is Cynthia A. Rose. Welcome to my Grinder related blog. Usually, I am busy with my kitchen and cooking all day. My main desire is to create a new recipe every day. But I have to use new tools every day to create new recipes. In this blog, I will share you how to use kitchen tools properly. I will not just share cooking related equipment, I will try to review all kinds of grinders like angle grinder among you. I hope my 12 years of experience will come in handy. Thanks!