Last Updated on May 27, 2022 by Cynthia A. Rose
Your mouth may get watery when you think of yummy sausages, especially when it’s full of ingredients, doesn’t it? Therefore, you should know how to prepare that at home & what items you will need; the article will show you how to stuff sausage with a meat grinder.
I also bought a meat grinder to prepare different dishes besides sausage; therefore, I grind meat of different animals for the purpose, but I also have a stuffer for the sausage.
Anyway, let’s find out the procedure of stuffing sausages, necessary equipment, & other options to answer your queries.
Best Sausage Stuffer
No products found.
How Can You Stuff Sausage with a Meat Grinder: Step by Step
Suppose you want to stuff sausage at home for yourself or family members; you can purchase a meat grinder & sausage stuffer combo for personal uses. Anyway, let’s see the steps of preparing sausage with a meat grinder:
1. First of all, you must pick any meat of a domestic animal or a wild one; you can pick the ribs, butts, or other soft parts where you can find a perfect proportion of meat & fat.
However, you have to separate the meat from the bones; you can use a big, sharp knife for that.
2. You have to cut the boneless meat into pieces, cool them, & finally, put them into the grinder to have finely ground meat. Please choose the plates with fine dots & sharp blades to have better results; you can run one set twice.
3. You have to prepare the casing for preparing the sausage; you must dip it into a hot water pot to soften the things. On the other hand, after softening the item, you have to reduce the temperature for 30 minutes; it’s better for holding the sausage.
4. Next, you have to prepare the seasonings & spices, but be careful about the proportions & quantity; mix the ground meat well with the spices to prepare the doe or basic of the sausage.
5. You may slightly cook the meat with the seasoning before you start staffing the sausages with the casing. However, you can use a cyclone sausage stuffer so that you don’t have to use hands; anyway, you have to add a metal clip on each casing’s end to maintain a perfect shape.
6. Therefore, you must concentrate much on the oil brushing & coating; you can use vegetable oil & paper oil while filling or preparing a sausage stuffer.
7. Lastly, you can use a meat smoker for smoking your sausages & get them cooked, but please let the trapped air inside out before smoking your sausage to avoid their breakage.
You may have understood now that it’s quite easy to make sausages at home if you have a meat grinder & a sausage stuffer, but what if you don’t own a stuffer?
Let’s see the steps of how to stuff summer sausage without a stuffer to make things easier for you:
- First of all, you can buy a simple sausage stuffer nozzle to attach with a meat grinder, especially, when you have the grinder from the KitchenAid brand; it’s not much expensive.
- Secondly, you can wear polythene gloves on your hands & shape the patties with your hands; you can use sticks to increase the sausage size.
- Another thing you can do is to use a foil or wrapper to shape the sausage well; you have to put enough precooked meat there & wrap it tightly before putting it in the refrigerator.
- Lastly, you can create casings with short-length, & prepare your sausage; trust me, you won’t need a stuffer & you would love to have those instead of meatballs.
How to Stuff Sausage Casings with KitchenAid: Follow These Primary Steps
Stuffing the sausage casings is relatively easy when you are using the KitchenAid mixer with all the necessary attachments; you have to follow these simple steps only:
1. You have to grease the attachments well before running your casings inside so that they move well; you may use melted butter or vegetable oil to grease.
2. After preparing the casing by changing water & cooling, you have to cut it into some pieces; moreover, you have to tie knots at one end of each cone.
3. You have to then put the meat & full the casings to put into the attachment; once the casings are full you have to the knots or put a string on the other end.
4. Make your casings go through the tube; you can then turn on the mixer at speed 4 & let the tubes feed on the sausage casings.
5. The stomper will also lead the sausages to the warm gear to prepare them, making the edible.
6. Whenever you are filling the rolls, you have to make sure that the casings are not excessively tight or loose; moreover, keep the sizes even.
7. You have successfully filled & stuffed all the sausage casings with your mate KitchenAid meat grinder & relevant attachments.
You may not have any confusion about preparing the sausage stuff casings properly; therefore, it’s better to have a meat grinder with more options & attachments.
Sausage Stuffer vs. Meat Grinder: Which One Is More Versatile?
Both items are necessary for those who want to start their business of homemade foods or don’t prefer having unhygienic junk foods outside. A sausage stuffer will deliver you finely stuffed & shaped delicious sausages.
On the other hand, a meat grinder can grind any meat you want (beef, lamb, chicken, duck, pork, venison, etc.). Moreover, you can prepare meatballs, burgers, steaks, patties, & many other cuisines with a single grinder, changing the attachments only.
Therefore, if you want to tag one as the most versatile one, you should pick the meat grinder over a sausage stuffer.
Frequently asked Questions
How do you grind and stuff sausage?
Do you use the blade when stuffing sausage?
The blade on the stuffing horn is important for two reasons. First, it helps to push the sausage mixture through the horn. Second, it helps to cut the casing after the sausage is stuffed. If you do not use the blade, you may end up with an uneven sausage or one that is too large in diameter.
How do you stuff sausage into casing?
There are a few ways to stuff sausage into a casing. One way is to use a stuffer, which is a machine that pushes the sausage through a tube and into the casing. Another way is to use your hands to push the sausage into the casing. You can also use a funnel to help guide the sausage into the casing.
How do you use a sausage stuffer attachment for meat grinder?
Meat grinders are a must-have kitchen appliance for anyone who likes to cook. There are many different attachments available for meat grinders, but the sausage stuffer attachment is one of the most popular. This attachment allows you to make your own sausages at home. Here’s how to use it:
1. Place the sausage stuffer attachment on the meat grinder.
2. Attach one end of the sausage casing to the sausage stuffer and attach the other end to the meat grinder. Make sure that the casing is tightly attached to both devices.
3. Turn on the meat grinder and feed the meat into the hopper. The sausage will start coming out of the stuffing attachment.
4. Keep feeding the meat into the hopper until you have filled all of the casing with sausage.
Conclusion of How to Stuff Sausage with a Meat Grinder
Having all the necessary equipment, ingredients, & recipes at home is essential for you to prepare delicious & mouthwatering food items. Anyway, you won’t have to depend on food stores & restaurants once you know how to stuff sausage with a meat grinder.
I hope you have read the article & got all the steps & tips right; follow those & enjoy yummy sausages with delicious cuisines at home, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
Hi, this is Cynthia A. Rose. Welcome to my Grinder related blog. Usually, I am busy with my kitchen and cooking all day. My main desire is to create a new recipe every day. But I have to use new tools every day to create new recipes. In this blog, I will share you how to use kitchen tools properly. I will not just share cooking related equipment, I will try to review all kinds of grinders like angle grinder among you. I hope my 12 years of experience will come in handy. Thanks!